SWEENEY DECLARED "GUILTY" BY JUDGE KEETON WHO ISSUES A 32 PAGE WRITTEN OPINION.
Sentencing date is now set for Thursday, August 12, 1999 at 10:00AM.
TRIAL ENDS ABRUPTLY...........Sweeney makes his own closing statement. Quotes Scripture: John 12 38-41 "Thanks be to God". Verdict to be announced Friday, April 30TH at 10 AM.
Much controversy surrounds the arrest of John Sweeney. Lawyers say that the FDIC and Marshals were acting footloose with the law.
Federal Judge Keeton suddenly denies ALL of the Sweeney motions WITHOUT ANY HEARING, allows the government to file a proffer as to why John Sweeney should NOT have a jury trial by April 14th and then says he will decide the "jury trial" issue by April 20th.
He sets a new trial date for Monday, April 26th.
SWEENEY FILES TEN(10) PLEADINGS and EIGHTEEN (18) EXHIBITS AGAINST GOVERNMENT EXPOSING MULTIPLE LIES AND LAWLESSNESS.
(Click on underlined Motions below to read in full) (FILED FEBRUARY 19, 1999)
1. MOTION TO DISMISS FOR LOSS OR DESTRUCTION OF AND FAILURE TO PRODUCE EXCULPATORY EVIDENCE.
2. MOTION FOR RETURN OF PROPERTY AND TO SUPPRESS ALL EVIDENCE.
3. AFFIDAVIT OF LINDA THOMPSON IN SUPPORT OF MOTION FOR RETURN OF PROPERTY AND TO SUPPRESS EVIDENCE AND MOTION TO DISMISS FOR LOSS AND DESTRUCTION OF AND FAILURE TO PRODUCE EXCULPATORY EVIDENCE.
4. MOTION TO QUASH THE INDICTMENT AND DISMISS THIS CAUSE FOR INSUFFICIENCY OR IN THE ALTERNATIVE NOTICE OF CHALLENGE TO CONSTITUTIONALITY OF 18 USC 401(3).
5. MEMORADUM OF LAW REGARDING RIGHT TO JURY TRIAL. (The Government is still trying to keep Sweeney from having a Jury Trial).
6. MOTION TO DISMISS FOR VIOLATION OF RIGHT TO SPEEDY TRIAL.
7. STANDING MOTION FOR WITNESS STATEMENTS FOLLOWING TESTIMONY.
8. MOTION FOR EVIDENTIARY HEARING.
9. MOTION TO APPEAR PRO HAC VICE.
10.EXHIBITS IN SUPPORT OF MOTIONS FILED BY THE DEFENDANT ON FEB. 19, 1999.
US Attorney Alex Whiting gets transferred from the "Organized Crime Strike Force Division" to the "Public Corruption and Integrity Unit".
Alex Whiting, from the "Organized Crime Strike Force Division" is the newest US Attorney replacing Sheila Sawyer in handling the Sweeney trial for the Government. WHY???
The Government and their agents continue to deny any wrongdoing as to the seizure of all the Sweeney's personal possessions.
They now say that they took NO INVENTORY when the property was seized and no one will admit to the massive cover-up and possible destruction of valuables, documents and evidence.
U.S. Department of Justice is now suggesting that John Sweeney was attempting to burn down his family homestead.
United States Attorney Sheila Sawyer in letter dated November 9, 1998 to Sweeney attorney states......
"First and foremost the United States Marshals Service did not 'seize' anything belonging to your client on the day of his arrest, other than a couple of 'smoke sticks' which your client apparently contemplated using as an accerelant, and two gas cans located in the basement which appeared to have been rigged to disseminate gas around the perimeter of Sweeney's house"
JOHN SWEENEY is currently demanding his right to a jury trial that will finally expose the known FRAUD and the U.S. Government's cover-up of this FRAUD.
John C. McBride of McBride and Associates, 240 Commercial Street, Boston, MA 02109; 617-367-8844 will be defending John Sweeney against the U.S. Government's false charges.
STATEMENT BY JOHN SWEENEY